The Gateway Bass’n Gals club was organized to give women the opportunity to bass fish competitively among their peers. We welcome all lady anglers, experienced and beginners, to come join our club.
Bass ‘n Gals Club Information
Club Officers for 2019 Season
President – Leslie Anderson
Vice President – Lulu Kaonohi
Treasure – Bonnie Katke
Secretary – Mary Persinger
Tournament Director – Kristen Harper
A Driving Passion…
Women today constitute more than one third of all anglers. They own and operate their own rigs, trailer those rigs to any given lake throughout the country and do fish competitively, just like their male counterparts.
For the women who participate in the sport, bass fishing is a driving passion in their lives. It boosts their self esteem and creates healthier minds and bodies.
It significantly reduces their stress level, creating a happier family atmosphere. The Gateway Bass’n Gals strives to abolish the myth that women do not fish, and that bass fishing on a competitive level, is strictly a man’s sport. The beginning angler needs a place to learn and the accomplished, experienced angler cherishes the camaraderie she shares with her angling peers and is always willing to pass her knowledge on to beginning anglers.
The Gateway Bass’n Gals are dedicated to providing just such a venue for ALL women anglers throughout our area.
We invite you to join us in our efforts to grow the sport of bass fishing for all women.
- Gateway Bass’n Gals…. Promote fellowship, friendship and fun among women anglers to provide a wholesome organization for its members and their families.
- Gateway Bass’n Gals…. Are committed to conservation and the preservation of our natural resources and the environment.
- Gateway Bass’n Gals…. Help to improve the skills of anglers through the exchange of techniques, ideas and demonstrations.
- Gateway Bass’n Gals…. Strive to introduce the youth of America to the sport of fishing.
- Gateway Bass’n Gals…. Continue to make our communities a better place for all, through it’s Kids Fish programs and charitable fund raising programs.
- Gateway Bass’n Gals…. Always Practices “Catch and Release”
Recognition of Achievements
Banquets and Barbeques
Club assistance for expenses/entry into a
“LBAA tournament of choice” for the top five anglers
Just Plain Fun